Do you know that you can save money by getting the book Driving DevOps with Value Stream Management by Cecil 'Gary' Rupp in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download Driving DevOps with Value Stream Management by Cecil 'Gary' Rupp for free.
A practical guide to implementing Value Stream Management to guide your strategic investments in DevOps capabilities and deliver customer-centric value quickly and economicallyKey Features
- Address DevOps implementation issues, including culture, toolchain costs, improving work and information flows, and product team alignment
- Implement proven VSM methodology to improve IT value stream flows
- Leverage VSM platforms to view, analyze, and improve end-to-end value delivery
Value Stream Management (VSM) opens the door to maximizing your DevOps pipeline investments by improving flows and eliminating waste. VSM and DevOps together deliver value stream improvements across enterprises for a competitive advantage in the digital world. Driving DevOps with Value Stream Management provides a comprehensive review and analysis of industry-proven VSM methods and tools to integrate, streamline, and orchestrate activities within a DevOps-oriented value stream.
You'll start with an introduction to the concepts of delivering value and understand how VSM methods and tools support improved value delivery from a Lean production perspective. The book covers the complexities of implementing modern CI/CD and DevOps pipelines and then guides you through an eight-step VSM methodology with the help of a use case showing an Agile team's efforts to install a CI/CD pipeline. Free from marketing hype or vendor bias, this book presents the current VSM tool vendors and customer use cases that showcase their products' strengths. As you advance through the book, you'll learn four approaches to implementing a DevOps pipeline and get guidance on choosing the best fit.
By the end of this VSM book, you'll be ready to develop and execute a plan to streamline your software delivery pipelines and improve your organization's value stream delivery.What you will learn
- Integrate Agile, systems thinking, and lean development to deliver customer-centric value
- Find out how to choose the most appropriate value stream for your initial and follow-on VSM projects
- Establish better flows with integrated, automated, and orchestrated DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Apply a proven eight-step VSM methodology to drive lean IT value stream improvements
- Discover the key strengths of modern VSM tools and their customer use case scenarios
- Understand how VSM drives DevOps pipeline improvements and value delivery transformations across enterprises
This book will help corporate executives, managers, IT team members, and other stakeholders involved in digital business transformations to improve the flow of customer value through their IT-based value streams. It will provide you with the practical guidance you need while adopting Lean-Agile, Value Stream Management, and DevOps capabilities on an enterprise scale to enable business agility. A basic understanding of how CI/CD and DevOps pipelines improve software delivery capabilities via integrated and automated toolchains will help you to make the most of the book.