Do you know that you can save money by getting the book The The macOS User Administration Guide by Herta Nava in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download The The macOS User Administration Guide by Herta Nava for free.
Explore macOS tools and architecture for executing support tasks and system administration, and prepare for the Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certification examKey Features
- Delve into macOS Big Sur, from installation to managing apps and optimizing your environment
- Become an Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) with this comprehensive macOS support guide
- The book is not intended to be a user guide, it covers concepts pertinent for a user acting as an administrator
Apple is pushing the capabilities of its technologies to help users achieve high performance, including improvements in its OS running across all Mac systems, macOS, and new technologies such as M1 Silicon chips. This book walks you through macOS from a system administration and support point of view, exploring its latest features.
The book starts by explaining macOS architecture, installation, and startup processes to enable you to get started with the OS. You'll learn how to manage users and discover techniques for user security and privacy. Moving on, you'll get to grips with the macOS file system and learn to manage disks, volumes, and partitions for effective file management. Most of the examples covered in this book are from an administrator's perspective; however, when relevant, a standard user's perspective is also presented. You'll find illustrations for Mac systems running macOS 11 (Big Sur), and when necessary, for macOS 10.15 (macOS Catalina). Finally, you'll explore advanced topics such as networking and using command-line tools for administration tasks.
By the end of this macOS book, you'll be well-versed with macOS features, administration tasks, and best practices. You'll also be able to apply the concepts to increase your chances of success in obtaining Apple certifications such as Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP).What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the macOS system and architecture
- Configure key services and perform essential troubleshooting in your Mac system
- Install, update, and configure your local macOS system and identify the stages of the startup process
- Create and manage a local user account and set up your customized macOS environment
- Manage your file systems, storage, and permissions
- Explore practices and techniques to work with apps, networks, and security for your Mac system
- Delve into administration tasks such as managing service resources and peripherals
If you are a Mac system administrator, support and help desk technician or engineer, or Mac power user looking to explore macOS architecture and tooling, then this book is for you. The book assumes beginner-level knowledge of the macOS environment and system administration.