Do you know that you can save money by getting the book Encyclopedia of Bilingual Education by Josue M. Gonzalez in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download Encyclopedia of Bilingual Education by Josue M. Gonzalez for free.
"With articles on Spanglish and Spanish loan words in English as well as Southeast Asian refugees and World Englishes, this encyclopedia has a broad scope that will make it useful in academic and large public libraries serving those involved in teaching and learning in multiple languages. Also available as an ebook."
The simplest definition of bilingual education is the use of two languages in the teaching of curriculum content in K–12 schools. There is an important difference to keep in mind between bilingual education and the study of foreign languages as school subjects: In bilingual education, two languages are used for instruction, and the goal is academic success in and through the two languages. The traditional model of foreign-language study places the emphasis on the acquisition of the languages themselves.
The field of bilingual education is dynamic and even controversial. The two volumes of this comprehensive, first-stop reference work collect and synthesize the knowledge base that has been well researched and accepted in the United States and abroad while also taking note of how this topic affects schools, research centers, legislative bodies, advocacy organizations, and families. The Encyclopedia of Bilingual Education is embedded in several disciplines, including applied linguistics, politics, civil rights, historical events, and of course, classroom instruction. This work is a compendium of information on bilingual education and related topics in the United States with select international contributors providing global insight onto the field.
- Explores in a comprehensive, non-technical way the intricacies of this subject from multiple perspectives: its history, policy, classroom practice, instructional design, and research bases
- Shows connections between bilingual education and related subjects, such as linguistics, education equity issues, socio-cultural diversity, and the nature of demographic change in the United States
- Documents the history of bilingual education in the last half of the 20th century and summarizes its roots in earlier periods
- Discusses important legislation and litigation documents
· Family, Community, and Society
· Instructional Design
· Languages and Linguistics
· People and Organizations
· Policy Evolution
· Social Science Perspectives
· Teaching and Learning
The Encyclopedia of Bilingual Education is a valuable resource for those who wish to understand the polemics associated with this field as well as its technical details. This will be an excellent addition to any academic library.